May also be called: Deputy Security Officer
Keeping problems to a minimum, and even eliminating them before they start is the job of the Security Officer. They provide security for the ship, crew, and passengers, as well as for the property on board.
The Security Officer is given a Security Plan and is responsible to ensure that all aspects of it are strictly followed. In carrying it out, they will:
- Investigate incidents or accidents and create detailed reports of the results.
- Be thoroughly informed of the safety systems and role during emergencies.
- Create list of all crew members authorized to use the gangplank while in port – with Customs & Immigration information.
- Make regular security inspections around the ship, ensuring security of ship’s stores and cargo.
- Train new deputies of their responsibilities.
A candidate for this position needs to have a minimum of four years in police or military training. They must also have a certificate in Safety and other ones as required, and firearms training. Training in screening technology is also necessary, along with training to detect IED threat.
To view the rest of this page, you will need to be a Premium Member.You are visiting the Members Section as a Free BASIC Member
. You will only have access to a limited amount of Job Hunting Tools and Content. For full access you will need to upgrade to a PREMIUM MEMBERSHIP.