Cruise Ship Jobs & Careers Info
A career in the cruise industry includes much more than a paycheck. It's an adventure that includes many perks and benefits.
Cruise ship workers get to travel, receive perks including travel benefits for themselves and family members, can save substantial amounts of money because living on the ship is free, and can make connections with crewmembers from all over the world.
How can CruiseJobFinder put you on course for an adventure of your own? It's pretty simple. Since 2002, our members have had access to:
- All the latest cruise industry jobs (shipboard & land-based)
- Proven strategies and tips to help you land the job of your dreams.
- Profiles of just about every cruise line - big and small - as well as their official hiring partners and approved concessionaires.
- Informative videos showcasing employees working at sea.
- Interviews with experienced cruise industry vets, who explain how to get hired, talk about ship life, and more.
- Access to thousands of jobs and employer profiles in similar industries: Beach Resorts, Superyachts, and Tour Operations worldwide
- And much more...
Here's The Bottom Line - There is a place for you in the cruise industry! Start your Membership to CruiseJobFinder and soon you may begin your adventure of a lifetime. Nobody can guarantee a job but your membership provides all the tools to find and apply for the latest opportunities!
Eye-Opening Cruise Industry Facts
- Since 2000, major cruise lines have launched more than 186 new cruise ships.
- Over the next three years, 35 new ocean and river cruise ships are scheduled to be launched. Creating over 72,000 new cruise line jobs in addition to the 28,000+ new cruise line jobs created over the last two years!
- Large cruise ships employ crews of 1,500 - 2,300 people.
- The cruise industry employs 1,177,000 people (Full-time equivalent employees) and pays over $50.24 Billion in wages and salaries (2020 CLIA (Cruise Lines International Association, Inc.) Cruise Industry Outlook report (2018 data)).
- Based on CLIA projections (assuming most of the COVID-19 issues are behind us) , over 33 million people will go cruising in 2022
- Cruise ships keep on expanding their itineraries to include more and more ports around the world.
- In the last couple of years, the cruise ship industry has added seventeen new ports of call in the United States, including Baltimore, New Orleans, Mobile, Charleston, and New York City.