Cool Jobs - Arctic & Antarctic Cruise Adventures
Who knows and can explain the cruise line hiring process better than anyone else? The people in charge of staffing! This is why CruiseJobFinder has gone out and interviewed so many people in the industry. We want our members to have the real advantage of knowing how to get a job.
There is an ever-growing library of interviews in our Members Section, and each provides unique tidbits of information on topics including:
- Which positions are commonly available
- How to find an official staffing agency in your area of the world
- Ways to make a good impression during interviews
- Terms of employment and typical salaries
- Plus, our Job Center has all the latest job listings!
Become a Member to Access the Entire Interview
What could be cooler than working on a small cruise ship headed for the arctic or antarctic? For a truly unique cruise ship working experience consider applying to Antarctic Dream, which takes travelers to the world's polar regions. A company rep told us about their company, awesome job opportunities, and the crew hiring process.
Please tell us about your company and role in the staffing process.
Our company takes adventure-minded people to the world's Polar Regions. My main role is to receive and process resumes in order to hire new employees.
Describe a typical 'cruise' if there is such a thing. What would the shipboard experience be like for a typical employee?
The typical cruise is fun, filled with adventure, provides awesome experiences, but with a lot of work as well. Some crew members experience seasickness during the Drake crossing, but usually the trip is one of the best trips ever for the employees.
What are some of the common job titles you advertise for?
We need guides, bartenders, deck crew, engineering crew, and room service employees.
Do you only hire people from the immediate area or do you occasionally hire people from other areas or even other countries?
We hire people from all over the world.
How many seasonal staff do you typically hire, and for which positions?
It always depends on each season, and we generally see how the season is faring when deciding how many employees to hire and what positions we need to fill.
Describe your perfect candidate.
We require employees who are responsible, commitment, proactive, are hard working and honest. We also need to see that you have an interest in learning and always have a good, positive attitude. This is very important.
Are there any benefits or perks that your employees enjoy?
The main benefit is getting to know the destination, as well as sharing a common adventure with your other crew members. This is something people talk about forever and a time in their lives that they always look back on with fond memories.
What is the interview and selection process like for your positions?
You will get to interview face to face with the Manager and the General Manager, after which you will be contacted by phone if you get the job.
What are some common misperceptions people have about working on cruise ships?
Many people think that the job is easy and that they will find it relaxing, not too stressful, and an easy way to make money. This could not be further from the truth. You will be working extremely hard doing physical work most of the time.
Don't Miss the Rest of this Interview!
Other topics included in this extensive interview include:
- Common resumes mistakes
- Employment contract terms
- Number of returning employees
- How the staff selection process works
- And More...
Join Now To Read The Entire Interview
<< Start your job search now! (Starting at $3.95) >>
Sign up and get instant access to begin your job search.
- Access to our exclusive list of Featured Jobs. The latest job postings from around the world.
- Get noticed by cruise line hiring managers! Post your resume and profile information in our Job Seekers Database, which is accessed by company representatives.
- Get the inside scoop on the whole industry. We provide you with detailed information about jobs at sea and on land with cruise lines. Plus, additional coverage of the tour industry, beach resorts and spas, and luxury yacht crewing.
- Extensive profiles of every cruise line (large and small), beach resorts, mega yachts, and tour operators worldwide.
- Direct links to job application pages as well as employer job email addresses.
- Exclusive interviews with dozens of current and former cruise ship staff, cruise line hiring partners, and other 'insiders.'
- ...and lots more!
- See the Member's Section Table of Contents
All the Current Job Openings & Worldwide Directory of Employers!
(RIGHT AT YOUR FINGERTIPS TODAY)